Quantcast

9.13.2010

Deconstructed Expectations

I look forward to Alexander Wang's shows. But um, well.. you know. See. Ugh, I don't know where to start. All I have to say is that I'm not feeling this direction, which he referred to as being more 'optimistic' and 'pure'. You know what viewing the collection feels like....it feels like being on a rollercoaster and you're going up and up and up and then there is a only a tiny little drop. You're still going to hold onto the seat in front of you because you know this had to have just been a trick. The big drop you wanted has to be coming in just 2 seconds... right? Well I hope so. I was soo into him and his last direction, and ad with Zoe, and his trendsetting vibe. I mean, I know he was looking for something a little different. And yes, everything was beautifully made. But will a Wang-lover buy this collection? I'm calling for a 'do over'! I'm not asking for a motorcycle jacket at all, I get that that phase has wrapped. I'm asking for that classic Wang-appeal. Yes, this collection will still sell. Yes, he will remain a huge rising label. Yes, I will always be a fan. This is just a hiccup... give me a sip of water.
xo
MosaMuse

No comments:

Post a Comment