Quantcast

2.14.2011

Flashback Iconic- Purple Rain



I love TRUE artists. I would consider Prince to be one of them... and one of the best. Prince was born Prince Rogers Nelson in 1958 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He is a producer, composer, singer, song writer, musician, multi-instrumentalist and actor. Prince has won 7 Grammy Awards, a Golden Globe, and an Academy Award. He has worked with artists such as Chaka Khan and Sinead O'Connor. He has been credited for launching the career of Carmen Electra and Sheila E. I have a great respect for Prince because he represents a 'real celebrity' to me. What I mean by that is that he knows the business, can perform in the business, and he walks the fine line of what he wants and what is expected of him. Genius. Plus, the simple fact that he beat Charlie Murphy in basketball (while wearing a blouse)... I mean, what beats that. The complexity, the depth, the true art form... I miss that in artists today.
xo
MosaMuse

No comments:

Post a Comment